Field Bioinformatics Scientist
Commercially oriented bioinformatician with a wide range of experience in genomics data analysis. Ranging from small bacterial de novo genome assembly, to full scale whole human genome analysis and interpretation. Working closely with sales, I have a deep understand of how NGS technologies are being employed in markets such as academia, pharma, clinical and agribio. I specialize in taking complex bioinformatics analysis workflows, methods and statistical approaches and distilling these to their core concepts to communicate with customers.
September 2012 - Present
Senior Field Bioinformatics Scientist
Pre and post sales support for SOLiD and Ion platforms, Professional Services (data analysis) and training.
- Project manager and data analyst for whole human genome population study
- Customer training and optimization of diagnostic gene panels in clinical setting
- Study design and data analysis for key customer exome data platform comparison
2011 - 2012
Senior Field Application Scientist
Pre and post sales support for whole human genome data sets, both cancer and germline.
- On-site customer data deliverables training
- Assisted customers to solve rare disease cases with genome sequencing
2009 - 2011
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Bioinformatics R&D role in small Dutch startup working aging interventions
- Analyzed microarray data to support orphan drug clinical trial
- Integrated data across different omics technologies to provide key insights into accelerated aging
Phalanx Biotech Group
2006 - 2009
Managed a team of bioinformaticians doing R&D on microarray design and annotation:
- Built customized human and mouse microarray annotation pipeline
- Designed and implemented online data delivery service
University of New South Wales
2000 - 2004
Developed ontologies and software tools for variant calling and annotation for a customer SBE genotyping array.
De novo assembly